Thank You for downloading Lakshmi Lite - Multipurpose WordPress Theme. Here You can find how to use the theme, but if you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help page, please feel free to use the related support forum. Questions related to the pro themes take priority. Do You miss an option from Your theme? Write it there, and You may find it in the next update. If You need special customization, i can solve that for extra fee. Read more about it at the FAQs page. Thanks so much!
Before You add Lakshmi Lite Theme, you have to install WordPress. If You are not familiar to install WordPress, follow the instructions in the WordPress Codex: Installing WordPress
There are two ways to add the theme:
- Admin: go to Appearance » Themes. Click Add New » Upload Theme and then upload the file lakshmi-lite.zip. After the installation completed, activate the theme.
- FTP: Use FTP to upload Your theme. Extract the lakshmi-lite.zip file and upload to /wp-content/themes/ on your server.
If you want to use all features of Lakshmi, you have to install and activate the recommended plugins. After the theme installation, you will see a message about the required plugins. Click "Begin Installing Plugins", install the plugins and activate them.
If you use the Unyson plugin, download and install the required extensions.
For the best use, install all the 5 plugins.
- Unyson: Framework (options, breadcrumbs, seo etc.) /Tested with Version 2.5.7/
- Lakshmi Features: Plugin for the theme. (works only with Unyson)
- Contact Form 7: Contact plugin /Tested with Version 4.4.2/
Read and learn more about the external plugins at the links.
One click Demo install
If you want to add demo content (posts,pages,menu...) to your site, use Unyson backup tool. In the WordPress admin area, click Tools > Demo Content Install. On this page, simply choose a premade layout and click on install.
Note: Installing this demo content will remove the content you currently have on your website.
To upload all the demo content properly, you should activate the theme and all recommended plugins before the install process.
In some cases You may have to update the permalink settings at Settings > Permalinks.
Unyson extensions settings
At Unyson page You can add some options to some of Your extensions
Select the posts you want the Page Builder extension to be activated for.
Add Your analytics code here.
Above the Demo install
The One click Demo install process is make your site like in demo, but you can change some basic WordPress settings, if you need.
Navigate to Settings > Reading, and select front and posts pages. Read more at: Settings Reading Screen
Navigate to Settings > Permalinks, set the permalinks to whatever you would wish them to be. I recommend setting them to ‘post name’ as this can help boost SEO.
You can manage the menus at Appearance > Menus. At Edit Menus, You can create a new menu anytime You want. Read more at: WordPress Menu User Guide
Lakshmi theme is competible with Unyson's Mega Menu extension. You can build mega menu easily with this feature.
A useful module when, for example, you want to add more then one sidebar to a page, or different sidebars on different pages. This brings yet another layer of customization freedom to your website.
1. Go to Appearance > Widgets and find the sidebar manager on the lower right hand side of the page.
2. Lets add a new sidebar to a specific blog post. In order to do that, select the For Specific Pages tab.
3. Select Blog Post from the list and type to search the blog post you want to set a new sidebar for. You can add multiple posts if you want.
4. Create a new sidebar (or select an existing one from the list).
5. Press the Add Sidebar button in order to create your new sidebar.
6. Add widgets in your newly created sidebar by dragging & dropping the widget in the sidebar placeholder.